Tenant's Terms & Conditions
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY IF YOU WISH TO RENT ANY OF THE PROPERTIES LISTED
- Suitable references from employer, bank, current landlord and character reference. In some instances we will also require a guarantor.
- One month's rent in advance in cleared funds.
- One month's rent plus £100 as a damage deposit in cleared funds
- Non UK residents who are required to pay 6 months rent in advance, who cannot provide a UK homeowner guarantor will be required to pay 2 months rent as a damage deposit.
- The administration fee is £175 per person for references including credit check and drawing up the tenancy agreement. If a guarantor is required, a fee of £30 per guarantor will be added.
- Housing Benefit recipients must supply a suitable guarantor together with appropriate financial references.
- A holding deposit of £200 for the first applicant plus £100 for each additional applicant in cash or bankers draft is required to secure any property (this is deductible from the balance due upon entry).
- Animals are not allowed in any property without permission from the landlord. If permission is given we may require an additional deposit of £150.
- All properties are let exclusive of services i.e. Gas, Electric, Council Tax & Water Rates.
- All rental payments are to be paid in advance on a monthly basis by standing order mandate.
- All fees are inclusive of VAT.
THE FOLLOWING FEES MAY APPLICABLE EITHER DURING OR AT THE END OF THE TENANCY
- In the event that the payment of rent is late and we have to contact you, we will make a charge of £10 per telephone call and £20 per letter. If a personal visit has to be made to you in the event of non-payment of rent these will be charged on a ‘time taken’ basis. It is therefore in your own interest to ensure that the rental payments are made on time.
- A charge of £20 is made to cover administration costs to supply a reference to any third party, i.e Bank, Building Society, Landlord or other Letting Agents. This can be deducted off the deposit at the end of the tenancy, otherwise payment will need to be paid to our offices.
- At the termination of the tenancy, it is your responsibility to cancel the Standing Order to your bank. Should you fail to do this a £20 charge will be payable for returning the funds.
- If a new Tenancy Agreement is signed there is a charge of £30, payable on signing the new agreement.
- If the Tenancy continues as a Periodic Tenancy, there will be a one off charge of £30, which will be deducted off the deposit following vacation of the premises.
- If we have to arrange for the utilities to be reconnected there will be a charge of £20.
- If we have to arrange for a Budget Key meter to be replaced with a normal meter there will be a charge of £20.
We are members of NALS, Safe Agents and deposits are registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. We are also members of the Ombudsman Services: Property redress scheme.